Friday, December 29, 2006

Kennels - slab gets poured

Today we the slab was poured for the ranch
We were lucky to get a great driver that helped us out with excellent tips. This is the largest slab I've ever been a part of making. Not very big for many people, nonetheless, was quite big for me.









I'm glad I decided to put a board against the back or we'd have a heck of a time getting it correct. We were going to eye it but it would have been a huge mistake.









Here we let little G take the wheel. He was very familiar
with the process as he watches Bob the builder.







He insisted on running the show so we let him jump in. Best time to start working is now.
I'm very happy so far with the results(2 stars and a snap) - even though Greg didn't come help he did support me by phone. This is the largest slab I've done but so far I'm pleased with the results.


Jr. enjoyed the dumptruck on the property, I was a bit concerned having 80,000 pounds cross

over the waterpipes to the barn, but it all worked out well.





We rented the float, though I thought about buying one. More expensive then I had imagined so I rented it. I have many more slabs to do here at the ranch but one will cross my path.











Then we rouned out the corners - Greg gave me a great tip about it. Least we got something accomplished over vacation :-) Thanks to my bro in law for always helping me when I need him. We have a shot of faith in there, she is looking good.




She looks good and is a good girl. We can't wait to watch her thicken up.








Were ready for the BULLDOGGES!!!


























































































No comments: